How about that pay raise?.............

A place for you to voice your concerns, issues, ideas and opinions in an anonymous and respectful way.

How about that pay raise?.............

Postby Amazing » May 16th, 2017, 6:21 pm

The City of Raleigh is so great! Glad that two year pay study worked out for everybody.
Amazing

Re: How about that pay raise?.............

Postby Guest » May 16th, 2017, 8:55 pm

I could be reading this wrong, but I'm really looking forward to my membership in the jelly of the month club

Postby Guest » May 17th, 2017, 12:23 pm

Stop crying and quit. Some of you will just always bitch.

Postby Byron Hadley » August 29th, 2017, 3:28 pm

Glad to see there are still company men towing the line. Stop crying and quit? That is a real bright statement to make. The department has no leadership whatsoever. The Chief is incompetent. You sound like you'd fit right into the "leadership". I spent 12 years on the line, saw all the nonsense and decided it was never going to get better. Been gone two years and have never looked back. Good luck boys especially if the clown below this post gets in to a leadership position. Bet a lot of you are missing Harry these days.
Byron Hadley

Postby Guest » September 10th, 2017, 12:41 pm

Byron the quitter says don't quit. Hahahahaha!

Postby Any Leaders » September 14th, 2017, 8:14 am

Is anyone going to step up and address the issues of the actions from the City Council and City Manager? The RPPA/Teamsters have been collecting money hand over fist for years now. The Teamsters brought in agencies saying how great they are. The agencies worked a 30 year retirement and when the Teamsters came in the City passed a 25 year retirement and eventually a 20 year retirement. I thought that was supposed to happen here. NOTHING is happening. Oh wait, we HAVE to go to the meetings to bring up the issues. Nothing is getting done! NOTHING! Why do we even have a Union...oh wait....the legal representation. That is the only benefit I see. All Union members that were on the board for years have been promoted or transferred to positions they wanted (only when they stepped down from the Union Board)...Take a look for yourself at who the former board members were and where they went in their careers.

All City departments need to come together and collaborate an approach to the way the City is treating its employees.

The Unions need to press the City Council, City Manager, and Department Heads for answers (on the record).

If the RPPA keeps going the way it is going by not doing anything, membership is going to start to dwindle. Mark my words.
Any Leaders

Postby Guest » September 14th, 2017, 9:43 am

Rick is speaking at a meeting today at 1500. Attend if you can. The Teamsters or any representing organization have little pull without collective bargaining. Yes, WE have to attend meetings to include council meetings and show up in numbers. Collective bargaining would have these municipalities crapping their pants. They have no idea how good they still actually have it when we have it good.

Return to General Discourse