Fuck this place

A place for you to voice your concerns, issues, ideas and opinions in an anonymous and respectful way.

Fuck this place

Postby Fuck this place » February 7th, 2017, 2:36 pm

Fuck this place. That is all. "Up to" 6% is a joke and a slap in the face.
Fuck this place

Re: Fuck this place

Postby DONE » February 7th, 2017, 6:58 pm

I have tried to stay positive and prepared myself for a modest and even staggered raise. This raise is a farce. It give the impression that salaries went up by 13% or 6% when in reality the only brackets that went up were the lowest officer brackets. This is a good but it is a trojan horse. IT HIDES THE FACT THAT IN REALITY NO ONE ELSE GOT A RAISE. You only get 6% until you are maxed out. The issue is many are maxed out or that when you do you have no room for salary growth. You will continue to have additional responsibilities in a growing city with increase demand but you'll have a stagnant salary. In short, you are being asked to accept a placebo for a real problem. All of the young officers who will get a decent wage will not have a future to look forward to. Look at Cary, they increase all brackets. This gives you the wage you deserve and allows you to continue to have a competitive wage while you get promoted. I am not disappointed. I am disgusted!!! The City manger got a raise, senior management including our Chief got a raise and rookies got a raise. Everyone in the middle got the appearance of a raise and lied to. Shame on the Mr. RUFFIN, Shame on the Chief!!! She knew before any of us and sent mailed us propaganda. This is set in stone and we are being told to take it or leave it. I sure hope the city likes what it is paying for. DONE
DONE

Postby Guest » February 8th, 2017, 5:19 pm

There is a lot of overreacting going on. This is a mid year adjustment / raise and it's not all terrible. So quit...bye.

Postby Guest » February 9th, 2017, 8:42 am

If you think it is "not that bad" you are a part of the problem.

Postby Guest » February 9th, 2017, 4:59 pm

I know it's not perfect. Good luck at your new department or wherever.

Return to General Discourse