Pay raise

A place for you to voice your concerns, issues, ideas and opinions in an anonymous and respectful way.

Pay raise

Postby Broke ass » January 31st, 2017, 4:19 pm

So January has come and gone and still no information on the pay study. I heard the results may be discussed at next week's council meeting. Let's hear your predictions. I'm not real optimistic. I think if it was going to be worthwhile, information would be leaking to keep people happy. How many people are staying hoping for a good raise and planning their exit if it's business as usual.

It's really a shame that the city is on so many top lists and growing so fast but they keep crapping on the people who make it possible. That hit this last pay check for the new insurance rates sure was pleasant. I hope there is a massive stampede for the door if this pay study doesn't yield a substantial raise.
Broke ass

Re: Pay raise

Postby Guest » February 1st, 2017, 9:23 am

The new budget year is fast approaching. I doubt anything except a small cost of living increase is offered in place of the "Pay Study". My prediction is we will be told how hard everyone is working on such an important issue. This work will continue all the way until after the upcoming municipal elections at the end of the year.

Postby GUEST » February 2nd, 2017, 4:03 am

The next council meeting is on Feb 7th. I'm pretty sure that is when they will release the results. I want to be hopeful, but they have been stomping on this department for years. I really do not think anybody higher than a senior officer will benefit....

Postby Guest » February 3rd, 2017, 11:43 am

Not expecting anything. If you are new(er) I would imagine they will give them some sort of a raise. The rest of us have become accustomed to living just above the poverty line, so they will expect us to keep on living as such. They will probably give us a yearly subscription to the Jelly of the Month Club and tell us how lucky we are to work in such a Forbes top city.

Return to General Discourse