in-service training

A place for you to voice your concerns, issues, ideas and opinions in an anonymous and respectful way.

in-service training

Postby Guest » October 3rd, 2016, 7:04 pm

That last two hours of in service killed any motivation I had left.

Re: in-service training

Postby Guest » October 4th, 2016, 10:16 am

LOL

Postby Guest » October 4th, 2016, 11:28 am

She actually said, I don't know why anyone would leave RPD for a 6 thousand dollar raise.

Postby guest » October 4th, 2016, 8:18 pm

Wow. She is completely disconnected from us normal people struggling through off duty.

Postby Guest » October 5th, 2016, 6:31 pm

She is so out of touch from what is going on with the rank and file officers. I guess we shouldn't be too surprised knowing she never comes out of her office. She has the city council fooled, and that's all that matters. Saying she doesn't know why anyone would leave for a $6,000 raise is insulting. Again, she makes more than $42,000 more than the deputy chief so she is nowhere near to living in the real world.

Postby Capt America » November 2nd, 2016, 2:57 pm

Did anyone else get to watch the song and dance she did when asked about retention and the true number of vacancies. Apparently we only have 22 vacancies out of a total possible 800. I wasn't the only one to be shocked. When they dove in to the numbers, this is what she told us counted as a "filled" position... the current Academy that had just started (around 48). Also the 25 pre-hires for the following Academy 6 months from now. What will really bake your noodle is when you add the Academy that graduated the week before that IST. So... about 100 or so that have ZERO use and value to us on the line.
My name does not belie my actual rank. It only illustrates my commitment to the ideals that made this Country
Capt America

Postby Former RPD » November 7th, 2016, 2:29 pm

The mentality of the City Administration and some of the Police Administration continue to baffle me for a city that has so much potential. It also reaffirms my decision to leave back in 2010, every time I speak to some of my former brothers and sisters in blue and gray and read the comments on here. I continue to pray for everyone's safety with the continued levels of staffing. I would say a combination of your hard work, professionalism and sometimes just pure luck have kept the city in check.

This is a story from back in 1999...

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/144943/

The authorized strength of Raleigh PD in 1999 was 636 officers. The population of Raleigh was 261,205, or just a little more than current day Fayetteville.

Fast forward to 2016... The sworn number is 778 or so out of 800 possible with what sounds like 700 or just under that actually being sworn. The population of Raleigh is estimated at 451,066 (2015). I am sure that is probably closer to 500,000 by now considering a 12% increase in population estimates annually for Raleigh.

So Raleigh PD has grown by approximately 64 sworn officers in 17 years but added over 250,000 residents or over the total the population of The City of Fayetteville. That sounds safe! Oh and Fayetteville PD has over 390 officers to patrol a population of 210,000. Do the math on 390-64=326 short.

The next cities close to Raleigh in population field anywhere from 850-1300 officers. They also pay far more and have much better benefits.

There is your study on staffing and pay. Took me a total of 25 minutes of research on the computer and I provided it for free. I should probably bill the city for that information or undercut whatever consulting firm they probably paid $250,000 or so to look into the same thing.

Anyhow... Watch your six and stay safe!
Former RPD

Postby Guest » November 15th, 2016, 10:46 pm

The Raleigh Police Department is now toxic. It is a cancer and is dying from the inside-out.

Postby Guest » November 17th, 2016, 5:07 pm

Durham offering $5000 sign on bonus and even a relocation incentive. Did Durham do this with or without a long and expensive study?

Postby Candelag2 » November 17th, 2016, 11:41 pm

Durham also did a study. They are restructuring their officer pay grade...and it is MUCH higher then rpd. Forget this place. This is the last year im waiting. Im so damn frustrated.
Candelag2

Next

Return to General Discourse