Pay Raise???

A place for you to voice your concerns, issues, ideas and opinions in an anonymous and respectful way.

Pay Raise???

Postby Mathathlete » May 17th, 2016, 6:00 pm

So the City Manager proposes an average raise of 3.25%. Lets do the math. He does not state that it is contingent on your current salary and only a raise within your pay scale nor does he tell you it is dependent on what quarentile you are in. Translation............. the closer you are to being topped out in you scale the less or nothing you get! He also failed to mention the almost 20% pay raise he gave the city attorney, and all the assistant city managers. To add to the misery, you will pay more for spousal health coverage. Not to worry, according to the city we are still competitive in our market. Yet, the pay study is designed to establish the market they are trying to identify for pay comparison.

Nothing has changed. The rank and file got the shaft. This includes all city employees. Managers did well and the public thinks everyone is getting great raises. Good PR but very deceptive and dishonest. You can't expect integrity and service while being openly dishonest and crooked. Typical do as I say not as I do!
Mathathlete

Re: Pay Raise???

Postby Seriously » May 17th, 2016, 7:24 pm

So when is the union going to blow up the press and expose this charade? What a joke. Another 10 officers will be out the door by Summer's end.
Seriously

Postby Broke Cop » May 17th, 2016, 7:34 pm

This place is terrible.
Broke Cop

Postby Fightfor15 » May 17th, 2016, 7:48 pm

This place is a joke. The rich get richer while the working poor get poorer. What a slap in the face. This place deserves the police department it pays for..shitty. It's getting harder and harder to pretend to care. I'm sure resumes are being typed right now. I'm sure once the 2 year long pay study is done it will get better Hahahaha no it won't. Do yourself a favor if you are young enough, abandon ship. Literally nobody cares. As long as they get their bonuses and 5 digit raises.

How long has it been since we got a raise that you actually noticed? A decade??
Fightfor15

Postby BrokeCop2 » May 17th, 2016, 7:57 pm

I do not even know why we hold out to see what is going to happen anymore. It's time to go.
BrokeCop2

Postby Guest » May 17th, 2016, 8:01 pm

F***this city and F*** this department. Time to go in shutdown mode.

Answer 911 calls and that's it. Tell your supervisors, and especially you Captains, when they complain about the numbers and lack of enforcement. . . show me the money. It's past time to let this city go to hell. I hope it becomes worse than Durham.

Postby Guest » May 17th, 2016, 8:03 pm

And supervisors, don't you dare ask us to do more.

Postby Vegas » May 17th, 2016, 8:23 pm

RPD is the Vegas of police departments. Go there stay a little while and leave when you run out of money.
Vegas

Postby Guest » May 18th, 2016, 11:30 am

This city would get eaten alive by a union under collective bargaining. We are treated the way we are because there is nothing to put them in check for anything. Take it or leave it is the mentality.

Postby Nothing Changes » May 19th, 2016, 1:32 am

Why are we here again? All we do is cry and complain. Every year at this time, we see the numbers and cry and complain. We do nothing to move forward. It is the same song and dance. We will have people at the council chambers. We will have people talk on our behalf. They will listen because they have to. However, Nothing will change. They may say Thank you for speaking. Keep complaining. We listen to ourselves. If you want something to be done, be creative. Use the grassroots efforts. Until then, I will listen to everyone cry and complain and watch nothing be done. Oh wait, we got the educational incentive, the take home cars, blah blah blah. Nothing has been done about our pay and medical. Nothing! See you next year!
Nothing Changes

Next

Return to General Discourse