Raleigh's Mayor

A place for you to voice your concerns, issues, ideas and opinions in an anonymous and respectful way.

Raleigh's Mayor

Postby Guest » March 4th, 2016, 10:07 pm

She knows just as much as we do, probably more, and she made the decision to attend his funeral today.

So very shameful. All for politics. No one is completely on our side.

Re: Raleigh's Mayor

Postby Guest » March 9th, 2016, 5:22 am

The mayor position is elected. she is not going to lose votes. what do you expect in this current climate of LE. Our City is no different then any other.

Postby Rumor » March 10th, 2016, 10:46 am

Rumor has it that she may not even run for re-election.
Rumor

Postby Guest » March 11th, 2016, 2:49 pm

I hope she doesn't. She does not care about the rpd.

Postby Guest » March 15th, 2016, 6:35 pm

Soooo... over five million dollars for body cameras and we can't get a decent raise?

Postby Guest » March 16th, 2016, 6:48 am

Guest wrote:Soooo... over five million dollars for body cameras and we can't get a decent raise?

Yup! It is amazing what they can find money for.

Postby Guest » March 16th, 2016, 7:02 am

It lets you know what is important to the city and the chief, covering their asses. She hasn't gone in front of the council to ask for better wages for the officers throughout the department "she is always praising", but will go in front them to ask for crazy amounts of money for a pilot program. And the council? They fell all over themselves to approve 5 million dollars like she was asking for an increase in the fruit of the month club. Body cameras can be a good thing, but this serves notice of where you rank in importance to the leaders.

Postby Guest » March 17th, 2016, 3:16 am

If the low salary continues.. Good officers will leave. Quality Recruits will be harder to come by. reducing the quality of officers working. They are going to have a bigger problem to worry about,than body cameras. With a city growing at this rate, public safety needs to be prioritized if she wants to keep advertising this city as a good place to live. As positive economic levels rise, so will the cost of living. This will in turn create a social-economic impact for other urban communities. With the upcoming downtown projects, infrastructure, and miscellaneous projects, I would feel exonerated knowing we would even get a 5 percent pay raise. I'm sure if most officers could afford to move and start over somewhere else, they would.

Postby Guest » March 17th, 2016, 6:48 am

This city has neglected their public safety services with the out of control growth of this city. It will eventually turn to bite them. Don't forget to truthfully explain why it took so long to those who complain about your response time.

Postby Guest » March 17th, 2016, 7:09 am

Guest wrote:This city has neglected their public safety services with the out of control growth of this city. It will eventually turn to bite them. Don't forget to truthfully explain why it took so long to those who complain about your response time.

I take great joy in explaining weekly to citizens why our response time is so long. How short we are, and other issues.

I just wish right now that RPD God would decide it's ok to wear a short sleeve shirt. Maybe in this year's email RPD God will also tell me how to raise my children, what stocks to invest in, and all the other important life decisions.

Next

Return to General Discourse