Did I Miss A Memo?

A place for you to voice your concerns, issues, ideas and opinions in an anonymous and respectful way.

Did I Miss A Memo?

Postby Guest » February 18th, 2016, 9:50 am

I didn't see anything or an email come out for the vacancies in recruiting? Yet, they are magically filled already. I know, given my ethnicity I had no shot, but still. How does this happen? How is it allowed to happen?

Re: Did I Miss A Memo?

Postby Guest » February 18th, 2016, 2:08 pm

Discrimination is illegal. Reverse discrimination apparently not so much.

Postby guest » February 19th, 2016, 6:36 am

There was no memo. She does whatever she wants and constantly gets away with it.
So sorry for RPD that she is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Postby Guest » February 19th, 2016, 7:03 am

guest wrote:There was no memo. She does whatever she wants and constantly gets away with it.
So sorry for RPD that she is not going anywhere anytime soon.

She is a disgrace. People are going to go over her and head straight to City HR because of things like this. Grievances got our last clown out of here, maybe it will here too.

Postby Guest » February 19th, 2016, 7:37 am

Freaking rpd.

Postby in the know » February 23rd, 2016, 5:16 pm

Believe it or not, That question was asked recently. The answer was that there is a line in that policy about selection to special positions " Appointments can be made at the discretion of the chief to address apartment needs". We all clicked that we read the Moodle. Sounds like a pretty vague context doesn't it?
in the know

Postby Frustrated » February 23rd, 2016, 9:36 pm

And do you really think the union will do something about this. NO! The union has benefitted a select few...certain people got promoted or got transferred to better positions (not the line). The ones recently promoted will be back in better positions with better hours soon enough. Nothing will be done except the same ole complaining. We need to get better organized and get out priorities straight! This union has been in place since 1999...very little has changed. The argument will come up about the same platform(s) we have heard for years....nothing new!
The meetings are nothing more that complaint sessions...nothing more has been acted on.
Frustrated

Postby perspecitve » February 24th, 2016, 4:42 pm

Does that mean you don't cash your educational incentive check every year? The city wasn't about to just voluntarily give us that money.
perspecitve

Return to General Discourse