Those who can't do, teach....

A place for you to voice your concerns, issues, ideas and opinions in an anonymous and respectful way.

Re: Those who can't do, teach....

Postby Guest » February 12th, 2016, 4:11 pm

Fayetteville pd has a step pay program. Garaunted your max at 12 years. You also get 2500 for a bachelor's degree. I don't understand why our education bonus is so low. I would rather have the union fight for a cost of living adjustment on top of a merit raise or to raise the educational incentive.

Postby Well... » February 12th, 2016, 6:21 pm

Well, I can tell you that I know you haven't come to a meeting in a long while. Praytell, how does "the union" fight without active members like yourself? I challenge you to get involved if you're unhappy. We can't ask for something and have 10-12 members show up in the council chambers. Your dues and complaints can't solve problems alone. Take a stand.
Well...

Postby Guest » February 12th, 2016, 9:35 pm

Honest question: Did a union or officers coming together at all the other agencies in the county make their pay higher than RPDs, making us the lowest paid agency for officers? Or was it their city leadership acknowledging the value they provided to their towns and cities, so they paid them their worth. It works both ways. I believe the city council and city manager have no interest in paying a higher wage. They want to pay as low as they can for the job to be done. Then they have more money for what they deem is important: City parks, greenways, revitalizing certain parts of the city, and try and making us into Charlotte Jr.

Postby Guest » February 15th, 2016, 6:43 am

We can't be a Charlotte jr. Their cost of living is actual lower. They have a step program as well. They start at 41000 and get a ten percent increase for a bachelor's. Five percent for an associates. Four year officer with a degree is getting paid into their 50000s. Not to mention the Panthers. Keep pounding.

Postby CMPD » February 15th, 2016, 3:37 pm

Entry level pay is $ 42,009 (Lateral transfer start at a minimum of $43,791.00)
5% increase for Associate’s Degree
10% increase for Bachelor’s Degree
5% pay incentive for proficiency in Spanish, Vietnamese, and Laotian must pass proficiency test)
5% pay incentive for Police Training Officer (PTO) status
CMPD

Previous

Return to General Discourse