Those who can't do, teach....

A place for you to voice your concerns, issues, ideas and opinions in an anonymous and respectful way.

Those who can't do, teach....

Postby WRAL Reader » February 6th, 2016, 9:16 pm

Looks like Harry is getting praised for teaching cops to keep their cool. Pretty funny, considering that he hasn't really done the job in 30+ years. I think he should teach other Chiefs how to use IA to their advantage and scare the hell out of anyone, including unions, who might questions or appose them. He was pretty good at that. So glad he's gone. Anyone who says things aren't better since he left are just crazy or just wasn't here.

http://www.wral.com/former-raleigh-chie ... /15325528/
WRAL Reader

Re: Those who can't do, teach....

Postby Guest » February 7th, 2016, 12:36 pm

Calm down. He has nothing to do with our dept anymore. Let's focus on issues actually pertaining to us.

Postby unknown » February 7th, 2016, 6:38 pm

And you think RPD is now better? You don't have leadership, you have a dictatorship.
unknown

Postby Obvious » February 8th, 2016, 7:06 am

I said things were better, not perfect.
Obvious

Postby Guest » February 8th, 2016, 9:37 pm

This dictator needs to say something about our salary. And I'll be fine.

Postby In other news... » February 9th, 2016, 10:48 pm

Speaking of Fayetteville... Loretta Lynch is visiting there as part of her tour to spot light police departments that are leading the way with great community relations & the use of data to map crime trends. What? Crime is up in Fayetteville & there hass been a lack of proactive work their for some time. I mean their city council is so against them they tried to take away consent searches. Maybe that's what she wants. Reactive policing. Otherwise she would have come here. We have been usingcrime trends for years & we have a great relationship with our community. I guess we shouldn't be too surprised. Lynch has prided herself in going after the police. Hell, Al Sharpton recommended her for the job, and he's a race hustling anti-police activist.

And, yeah I agree. Our Chief needs to address the retention & recruitment issues (which are pay related).
In other news...

Postby Guest » February 10th, 2016, 7:11 am

^You are speaking about issues they had several years ago. They have an actual police chief, a leader, someone who actually does something besides "hang out". Their police chief has gained national attention for some of the things he has implemented. Too bad we don't have someone of his caliber.

Postby Dolamite » February 12th, 2016, 6:19 am

Oh, so he asked the DOJ to evaluate his agency and hired Dolan. That fixed it..... Lol!

http://www.wral.com/us-attorney-general ... /15353122/
Dolamite

Postby Guest » February 12th, 2016, 12:22 pm

He is implementing things that have already been done in Raleigh for years. They are getting attention because of the city's attempt at police reform. This department does police work well. This is why other agencies are poaching us. By the way. Some of the department's around us are expanding this upcoming year so more positions available!

Postby Guest » February 12th, 2016, 3:46 pm

Guest wrote:He is implementing things that have already been done in Raleigh for years. They are getting attention because of the city's attempt at police reform. This department does police work well. This is why other agencies are poaching us. By the way. Some of the department's around us are expanding this upcoming year so more positions available!

And will pay you much better. I think that's the one thing that bothers me the most, no one from the Command Staff has approached the city council about how low of pay Raleigh police officers have compared to the agencies in our own county.

Next

Return to General Discourse