Chief in Fayetteville Ask for 57 New Officers

A place for you to voice your concerns, issues, ideas and opinions in an anonymous and respectful way.

Chief in Fayetteville Ask for 57 New Officers

Postby Guest » May 13th, 2014, 6:27 am

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?secti ... id=9535744

The police chief has asked for another 57 positions in his department. We have dozens of open positions of the line that we seem to not be able to fill. A city the size of Raleigh needs a lot more officers than we currently have right now. When do we finally catch up? How many positions did our cheif ask for?

Re: Chief in Fayetteville Ask for 57 New Officers

Postby Guest » May 13th, 2014, 12:08 pm

I think 3 new officer positions were asked for. As long as we have enough staff for soccer games and tea parties, we are not understaffed.

Postby Guest » May 14th, 2014, 8:27 am

Whoever is the next leader of our department, they will seriously have to look at a major reorganization of the department. We have way too many supervisors. Until this is addressed, there is going to continue to be a staffing problem.

Postby Guest » May 14th, 2014, 9:35 am

Guest wrote:Whoever is the next leader of our department, they will seriously have to look at a major reorganization of the department. We have way too many supervisors. Until this is addressed, there is going to continue to be a staffing problem.

Ya, that too. A Lt. for every squad is ridiculous. There is so much damage by Harry to be undone.

Postby Guest » May 22nd, 2014, 9:10 am

City Council proposed 9 new police positions. 9.

Postby Guest » April 6th, 2016, 8:59 pm

Guest wrote:City Council proposed 9 new police positions. 9.

Charlotte's Chief asked the city council for 125 new positions for officers.

Postby Frank Castle » April 8th, 2016, 12:49 pm

Asking for new officers is an excellent idea, but how about we come up with a plan to keep the current officers. I know multiple officers either leaving or looking to leave because of the current situation. The longer we wait the bigger the crisis we are going to have.
Frank Castle

Postby Guest » April 8th, 2016, 9:49 pm

I wouldn't mind working for Charlotte. I heard they are eve raising their salaries again to compete further.

Postby Guest » April 8th, 2016, 11:12 pm

Guest wrote:I wouldn't mind working for Charlotte. I heard they are eve raising their salaries again to compete further.

They are, while Raleigh's leadership keeps dragging their dicks in the mud.

Next

Return to General Discourse