Chief's NY Tour de Farce

A place for you to voice your concerns, issues, ideas and opinions in an anonymous and respectful way.

Chief's NY Tour de Farce

Postby Truth » September 26th, 2017, 5:46 pm

I don't accept the lack of leadership exhibited by our-Chief Deck-Brown. While many of our employees struggle to come to terms with conflicting pay letters describing that they will be paid thousands less than they were previous told, our Chief goes to NY to participate on the Megan Kelly show. What is her signature achievement? Well, her race and gender. Really? I applaud any minority for their achievements. Especially because I acknowledge their disadvantages. However, to simply say great job you got the job is not an achievement. It is an opportunity. What have you done with that opportunity? Not much.

You don't advocate for your employees. You don't fight for their pay, benefits and work conditions. You pander to every special interest regardless if they truly represent the folks you serve. You don't communicate effectively. You don't have a vision for the future. You are often quoted as asking "What does that look like?" I thought that question was intended to elicit details on proposals until we all realized it is because you have not idea what you are doing. You have not made many arrests, written many operational plans or done much police work. You are an administrator who manages. This department needs a leader who leads. Someone who make decisions. Not all of them will be right but make them!! You are a planner without a cause or purpose. Instead, you take credit for things you don't do and blame everyone but yourself for any real or perceived failures. It is always personal because you think it is about you not the department. Please stay in NY and allow RPD to realize it's full potential with your greatest gift............... You're absence.
Truth

Re: Chief's NY Tour de Farce

Postby Guest » September 27th, 2017, 3:52 pm

agreed

Postby Megyn » September 28th, 2017, 2:04 pm

#blackgurlmagic
Megyn

Postby Guest » October 4th, 2017, 7:49 am

That was an embarrassment.

Someone should have let Megyn know that in our case, she is horrible at her job.

I will say that I've heard that the new Durham chef is terrific and she came off very well when she was speaking.

Postby Nope » October 9th, 2017, 6:40 pm

Guest wrote:That was an embarrassment.

Someone should have let Megyn know that in our case, she is horrible at her job.

I will say that I've heard that the new Durham chef is terrific and she came off very well when she was speaking.

Hmmm, I've heard from several Durham Officers that while she is a pretty good public speaker she is terrible just like our Chief when it comes to leadership and overall morale.
Nope

Postby guest » October 20th, 2017, 2:14 pm

HAHAHA - MEGAN KELLY!!!

OF COURSE THE CHIEF WENT TO NEW YORK - IT'S ALL ABOUT HER!!!!!!

SHE HAS NO CLUE HOW TO BE A POLICE CHIEF AND UNFORTUNATLY FOR RPD SHE IS NEVER LEAVING!!!!!

Return to General Discourse